Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 124

Angela and I decided to brave the weather and check out the local watering holes near my new house, just for shits and giggles.

We spent most of the night being ignored by regulars, just shootin' the shit. 

I also came to a realization that I am done with people's bullcrap. 

That saying, "don't make people a priority when they only consider you an option"

Yep...this is my new mantra.

I don't understand how one minute someone can go from being your friend, wanting to hang out regularly, talking for hours about random shit and laughing--to never calling, texting, or saying they want to do something but never coming through or always jetting for something else...all in the course of a couple weeks.

Well, I do understand, but I really hate to believe that my gut feeling is correct in the matter.  Mainly that I've been used or worse, that I'm unlikable...that the person got to know me and realized they didn't really like me as a person.

I guess that could be true.  But cut me some slack.  This past month has been ridiculous. 

Whatever the case, one of two things needs to happen in this situation, because I'm getting annoyed:

1.) Man (or woman) up (I'm trying to be discreet here...), and tell me you don't ever really want to hang out again but just want to remain friends in situations where we see each other.  Outside of that, you want nothing to do with me really.  That's fine.  I get it.  And I'm cool with it.

2.) Act like the friend you claim to be. 

It's really that simple.   Because it's really not fair to string someone along in order to save face.  It doesn't work.  And it's hurtful, because I'm sitting here thinking that either I'm unlikeable, or I was just expendable...even after revealing things about myself that I only reveal to those I trust.

I know, I know, that's a lot to take in.  But I needed to vent. 

And I need to remember this situation as I move forward, so I don't repeat the mistake.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment