Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 113

Oh fuck.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow. 

Gah.

I'm not negative about it.  But I can't lie.  There is this silly part of me, that silly girl gene, bubbling up inside me with excitement that maybe...just maybe...a secret admirer will send me some flowers or chocolates, or a singing telegram performed by a grown man sporting a bow and arrow and a diaper. 

I try to ignore that silly girl part.  Really I do.  I know better.  And I'm not trying to be bitter or cynical, but thinking that someone is going to send me a Valentine's Day gesture is akin to me assuming that I'm going to win the lottery without buying a damned ticket.

Does it make me a little sad?  Yes.

Am I up in arms about it?  No.

Will I continue to hope that the rational part of me is wrong and the silly girl part of me is right?  You sure-as-shit bet I will.

Also, Max brought home a Snuggie today.  And as often as I made fun of this product, I gotta say...it's decently great (although I would argue that the fabric is too thin...but still...I enjoy lying on my couch, feeling a bit like a monk.  A very warm monk with total use of my arms.)

P.S.  If you just so happen to be a secret admirer...here's a little hint:  http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/cost-plus-world-market-peruvian-alpaca-reviews

Although they're not available online anymore...I know there are about 30 of them in stock here:  http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US359&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=1623+n.+sheffield+ave.+chicago&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=1623+n.+sheffield+ave.+chicago&cid=0,0,4332304857762510930&ei=csJ6S6H_LcnZnAfWnszMCQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQnwIwAA

No comments:

Post a Comment