Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 103

Oh for Pete's sake.  Again, I've failed.  How much failure is one girl supposed to take in a week?

My audition wasn't "absurd" enough.  Or more correctly, my humor isn't absurd enough according to them.

My humor can be absurd.  But it's hard to be absurd in some circumstances.  I mean, there are times that blatant absurdity works, and other times when it's not appropriate.  In this case, as a writer, I felt the latter was true for what I was writing about.  And I stand by my decision.

But still, I can't help but feeling like I got naked, and someone just vomited in the garbage can upon seeing me.

But really, there is nothing absurdly funny about a starving country.*  That's delicate territory.
And so is my confidence in my purpose on this planet at the moment.

(*Nothing politically correct or appropriate, that is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment