Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 116

I saw my first Reckoning show tonight.  It was their birthday show, which was awesome...I mean in terms of seeing my first Reckoning show and all.

It's not that I haven't wanted to go, but until recently, Tuesday nights were one of my Max nights.  Then his dad's work schedule changed, and it made much more sense to switch Tuesdays and Thursdays so that we could each spend time with him.

I'm babbling.  I know.

What else?  Oh, so...I like to be prepared.  In my purse you'll find the following:

  • Hairspray
  • Perfume
  • Hairbrush
  • Make-up kit
  • Stamps
  • Checks
  • My writing notebooks
  • Deodorant
  • Hair ties
  • Lip glosses
  • A bra sometimes
  • Contact case
  • Glasses
  • A deck of writer inspiration cards
  • Candy
  • Altoids
  • Handi-wipes
  • Kleenex/Napkins
  • Errant Legos
  • Earrings
  • Pens
  • Coupons
  • An extra pair of comfortable shoes

You get the point.  On that same note, I also tend to keep a condom in my coin purse.  It's not that I plan on using it.  But I'd much rather know it's there than end up in a situation where it's needed and when I got through my purse, all I can manage to wrangle up is the plastic cover from my Kleenex purse-pack.

So, I ended up visiting a friend who was Djing at a bar near iO after the Reckoning show.  This awkward and somewhat inebriated gentleman, came up to my Dj friend and asked for a condom.  After he left, sad-eyed and down trodden, I informed my friend that I, in fact, had one that I had no foreseeable use for.

In other words, I contributed to the safe sex movement...even though it wasn't my own.  Go me.

Ended up watching male figure-skating on the Olympics with another friend after I left the bar.  Good freaking times. 

Even more great was the fact that I got beads...and no boob-showing was involved.  :)  I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment