Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 62

Christmas Eve.





















Max and I went to my aunt and uncle's house with my parents for some ham sandwiches and presents.

It was a super fun time.  Max chased around and played with my aunt's cats...one of which is literally the size of a small basset hound.  No joke.

Afterwards, I had to take Max to his dad's, they had some Christmas eve plans with family too.  The holidays are really a lot of back and forth for our family.  But it was like that when I was a kid too.  I'm hoping that in the near future I can start some of our own traditions.  Maybe host Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  Although, I'm not sure I trust myself cooking a turkey...

I head back home to wrap all of the presents that needed wrapping.  My cousin Melissa and another friend came by to help.  We watched old videos from when Melissa and I were teenagers.  Consensus:  Melissa and I were ridiculous when we were growing up.  I no longer have a question in my mind as to why we were single in high school.  (However, looking back, we were stupidly fun...but teenage boys don't get that...)

Funny thing is?  We also realize not much has changed in the past 13 or 14 years.  We still walk around talking like idiots, making up nonsense songs, and dancing through the living room....just because.

Only now?  We don't ever really apologize for it.

We ended up polishing off a bottle of wine between all of us, and then half a bottle of cheap champagne. 

I was initially worried I'd be spending my first Christmas Eve in the new house alone (it was Max's dad's year to have him Christmas Eve to Christmas morning), but in the end it turned out to be one of the better Christmas Eves I can remember...I mean, if we're only counting the ones where Max isn't with me, of course.  Those are always the best.  Nothing like seeing him come into my room at 4am Christmas Day out of excitement for the presents that magically appeared under the tree overnight.

But if I couldn't have had that magic this year, I was super happy to enjoy the evening laughing my ass off with a coupla really awesome people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment