Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 39

I had a really weird experience the other day...and since today was for shit really, I feel like talking about that moment instead...because it's been on my mind all day anyway.

So it counts.

It was weird...I had someone give me this look.  This look that basically said, "Yes, what you're seeing is what's happening.  This is just how it is.  I'm sorry."  It was a look of acknowledgement, maybe even a tiny bit of shame or regret?  And apology.  I guess I can't really explain it...but I looked this person right in the eyes for a split second and all of that just came flying out.

I'm not sure how I reacted.  I know I looked away...or down...or at my drink.  Point is, I averted as quickly as possible.  I think I might have smirked a little in disbelief---not in what I was seeing, but in myself. 

I went about my night, because it was all I could do.   What I was seeing was what was happening.  That's just how it was.  Apology not exactly accepted, but understood...to a degree.

And so, that look...that weird, telling look...it's been replaying through my mind all day.

Also, I had the most delicious popsicle after lunch...and way too many mint Oreo cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment