Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 70

New Year's Day.

I pretty much slept for most of the day.  Recooperation was necessary.  I had to work a shift at iO tonight, and for the first Friday in ages, well, I didn't stay for the rest of the Jam.  I actually didn't even play.  I was beat.  It was busy, which is awesome...but after a super late night of NYE festivities, it was pretty brutal.

I ended up crashing at a friend's place.  I was considerably too tired to drive all the way back to Indiana. 

When I got there, he was reading a book he'd gotten for Christmas.  I've been trying to reread The Lovely Bones after 6 years.  I want to refresh before I go see the movie adaptation of the book.

So, for about an hour we both laid there, reading our respective books.  And actually?  It was really nice.  I mean, I'd never done that before.  Just sat there with someone, reading separately but together. 

I've discovered I'm a vocal reader...audibly relating my reactions to what I'm reading to the rest of the room:  laughter, sighs, grunts of disgust, tears.  Everything. 

My friend is not.  And I'm really hoping I didn't annoy him to high heaven with my reactions.  I don't think I did though. 

Eventually, we both fell asleep.  Reading has a way of tugging at your eyelids after a while.  All in all, a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment