Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 89

There used to be a time in my life when I hated the idea of doing or being surrounded by something embarrassing.

It was called being a teenager.

However, these days, I actually enjoy these moments. 

The only reason I thought of this today was because as I was getting out of my car after work, I completely bit it on the asphalt. 

It had been raining.  And that rain froze.  And thusly, it coated the ground in a moderately thin layer of pure ice.  So, as I placed my foot on the ground while stepping out of the car, I had absolutely no traction.

I basically poured out of my car, onto the ground, after which I proceeded to flail around a bit while desperately trying to stand up.  I was laughing at myself hysterically.  And then I did the typical "look around to make sure no one just saw that display" after which I laughed some more.

And then I actually wished someone had seen it.  Because it was pretty hilarious. 

And all of this made me think:  those moments of pure "holy crap I can't believe that just happened ha ha ha how embarrassing"  are actually pretty wonderful.  They're not things we should try to avoid (unless they cause actual harm, of course), but moments we should embrace...because they become stories.

And stories?  Well, stories are what make life so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment