Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 92

I could not get off my ass today.  Seriously.  There's something funky with my energy this weekend.

I wanted to go out to the city and catch a few shows, but I just couldn't get motivated enough to get ready in a decent amount of time.

So, instead, I wound up at an Indiana bar in my hometown with my cousin Melissa and a few of our other friends.  It actually ended up being a nice couple of hours.

She even convinced me to take action that's needed for my one-woman show I'm writing.  I'm not going to get into the details, as it's still in its infancy, but I'm super stoked about it.

After that, she got a bit tipsy, while I remained very sober.  No seriously, I was even too lazy to drink properly.  And we started talking about sending random golden items into Cash for Gold.

I know, it doesn't really sound funny now, but at the time it was hilarious.  My favorite?

"Hi, Cash for Gold?  I have a golden shower.  How much can I get for this?"

Yeah, pretty junior high, but even as an adult, preteen humor is sometimes needed...

...and always hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment