Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 86

The entire day was spent cleaning.  I mean everything.  Floors, laundry, kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, bed linens, EVERYTHING.  (Except, come to think of it, glass and windows...whoops.)

Max's dad took him for the evening.  Because of MLK Day he had the night off as well as Monday.  We'll all be doing something together tomorrow.  A movie I think.

I took a trip to Meijer, dressed like a middle-of-the-night fire victim:  hair pulled up messily, dingy pajama pants, knitted bootie socks, shoes one should not wear with socks (amplified by the fact that my pants were flood-length), no makeup, my black pea coat, and mismatched gloves, hat, and scarf. 

I looked a mess.  What's worse?  I was buying candles and underwear.  I imagine that the people who caught a glimpse of me, and then a glimpse of what was in my shopping basket were saying, "Holy hell.  Is she planning some sort of rendezvous?  And, if so, who in the world would possibly be joining such a hot mess?!"

Or maybe that was just me.  But I needed candles.  And I needed underwear.  And the Lean Cuisines and juice mixes that I picked up on the way out as well.  I tell ya, I don't tend to think about the combination of items I'm purchasing...

...especially not in relation to my current state of dress.

I'm sure one day I'll show up, dressed to the nines, picking up something like motor oil, a jar of pickles, a package of Hot Wheels cars, and tampons.

No comments:

Post a Comment