Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 79

I took down all the Christmas decorations.  Well everything but the giant bear and his squirrel sidekick.  I figure, they're more "wintery" than "Christmasy" so they could stay out until like, March.

What the shit?  This blog entry has started out terribly lame.  Forgive.

Really, the greatest things that happened today were:  I got to hang out with Maxwell all day and we discovered that there's a mediterranean place just down the street that delivers.  (I know for you Chicagoans, this is no big deal...but in Indiana?  It's amazing.)  It's called Pita Kabab.

And dare I say it?  Their schwarma is *gasp* better than Aladdin Pita's.  (I know, I know, I feel weird saying that...)  It's more tender, albeit a tad bit on the fattier side, but the flavor is ridiculously awesome.  The hummus, babaganoush, and pitas were about the same...but Aladdin Pita wins in the lentil soup category. 

In short, I now have two favorite mediterranean restaurants in my back yard. And I recommend both of them to anyone venturing out to the region.  You can't really go wrong.  Yum.
























Completely unrelated to fun times with my son or delicious mediterranean food, I truly need to start meditating again.  My energies are all out of whack.  It's no good.  I'm overthinking, misinterpreting, being negative (and mildly passive aggressive...I know, I know...).  Ick.  So, I'm on the hunt for where I packed my guided meditation CDs.  I really hope I can find one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment