Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 30

Took at wonderful improv workshop at The Playground Theater this afternnoon.  It was a limited class, so there were only 6 of us.  Basically, we played and each got specialized feedback and individual time to work on what we needed to work on.  My issue?  I judge myself too much.  (Surprise, surprise, right?)  Our coach, John, told me that I was at my improv peak when I latched on to a character and just went with it.  So I had to play a shit-ton of characters for the remainder of the workshop.  He was right.  When I let go and let the character come out, I immediately committed to each and every scene I was in.  I still like to play as myself, but I think that bringing out these characters more often right now is going to help me find the right balance.

So, if you see me perform in the near future, watch out...some crazy shit will be going down.  I promise.

After the workshop, I hung out with Max watching a game show on the Science Channel called Head Games.  Pretty fun, actually.  Later, his dad came by to pick him up.  He wanted to keep him overnight because he hadn't had much time to see him earlier in the week.

I decided to use my evening to catch Middleage Comeback and 3033 at iO.  (Sundays are usually reserved for mom-duty, so I thought I'd better catch the shows now while Max was with his dad.)

Family Treehouse Boat Accident sat in for Jim of Middleage Comeback.  The show was hysterical.  I got to see my Level 1 instructor, Craig, perform which was pretty awesome.  Then I saw 3033 and again, I was blown away.  Well worth any tiredness I'll be experiencing from staying up later than usual on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment