Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 18

This morning's start was MUCH better.  Got out of the house with time to spare.  And actually?  I've been getting to work much earlier than I used to.  Which is pretty schweet.  

Max's dad was nice enough to bring me by some steak and macaroni that he made for himself and Max for dinner.

Actually, Max passed on seconds just so that I could have a proper dinner tonight.  I'm telling you, I was truly blessed with that kid.  Truly blessed.  And the fact that his dad and I are still good friends, even after a divorce?  Also a blessing.

All three of us hung out watching TV for a while.  I think that's good for Max.  I mean, just because we have no business being married, doesn't mean we can't still have a healthy parenting relationship and friendship...especially for Max.

After a while, his dad and I started talking about some old friends of ours, and I said to Max, "Dude.  I wish you could have known your dad and me before you were born.  You would have thought we were the coolest.  We used to go ghost hunting. Well, I mean, I would usually end up crying in the car because I was scared...but still...we did lots of cool stuff."

And then I realized I had just given that first, "I swear I USED to be cool" speech to my kid.

Yup.  I'm officially old.

No comments:

Post a Comment