Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 23

So...today was my housewarming party.  Had a lot of family and some family friends over.  Good times.  I even made that chili cheese dip with the cream cheese at the bottom.  Delish.

Anyhow, got a lot of necessities: blender, food processor, coffee maker (ok, I got it early...because the gift giver KNEW I couldn't do without it...), silverware, all kinds of great things to get me started.

Also got a toaster oven.  WHICH I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED.  I mean, the best way to cook pizza rolls? Toaster oven.  Seriously, this thing is badass.  So much so, that I HAD to test it out tonight.  Made some frozen potato skins for Max. 

I'd just gotten back from Target, where I picked up some extra things, including a schweet microwave that was on sale, and brand new oven mitts.

So, I preheated the toaster oven, and had a little trouble with the baking tray.  As I fumbled with it...with the oven mitt on, of course, I started to smell something burning.  I pulled my hand away from the oven to see that I'd caught my new oven mitt on fire from the toaster oven.

Yes.  That's me. 

Sheesh.

All is well.  The mitt is scarred, but the tater skins turned out just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment