Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 13

Okay…really now.  So halfway through yesterday’s work meeting, in addition to my stomach issues, my right eye started stinging.  After an hour of trying to blink and readjust my contact lens, I’d realized that something had probably gotten underneath the sucker and scratched my eye.

Problem was, I didn’t bring my contact case OR my glasses, so I wasn’t able to take them out until close to midnight when I got home.  Holy hell did it hurt, and by morning my right eye was as good as shut.
 
It just kept watering and wanting to close.  Driving was near impossible.  I had no choice but to wear---oh man---an eye patch.  Pretty much all day.  Let me tell you: 

1.) I looked pretty ridiculous (albeit badass)
2.) I never realized how important depth perception truly was until today.  Especially while driving in construction zones and Chicago morning rush hour traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment