Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 11

Okay, seriously?  So I take my car in at 7:45 in the morning…from Indiana to the northwest side of Chicago.  I’m sitting there for over an hour and they’re still looking at it, so I have a coworker pick me up because I didn’t want to be late (hence the ass-early appointment). 

On the way back to the office, they call.  Nearly $1700 worth of repairs.  So, I start crying.  I mean, I just bought a house.  The money I saved was to help me get through until I get used to my new finances, etc.  The dealer tells me that one issue with the catalyst can wait, but the other issues are causing major leaks in the cooling system, and it’s still going to be nearly $900.  Without a car, I’m pretty much helpless, so I authorize the fix. 

About 7 hours later, the car is ready, and luckily, they were able to knock another $200 off the total.  So, that was a little better.  But still, when it rains, it pours right?

No comments:

Post a Comment