Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day ???

So again, I've fallen behind.  Why?  Because so many wonderful things are happening!

I'm writing again.  That's right.  I'm working on two different stories.  Not sure if they're novels or short stories, but they're alive and growing, and I'm really excited about it.

Also, this past weekend were the auditions for the Playground's Incubator program.  Long story short:  I made the newest Incubator team!


I can't even begin to tell you how excited, happy, and humbled I am about this.  There was so much talent between the first audition and the callbacks.  To have been chosen from such a group has really made me appreciate all the hard work and respect we improvisers have for this fun and amazing work we do. 

My mindset during the whole experience was to stay away from any form of judgment first of all.  When I say this, I mainly mean judgment of myself.  I used to do this a lot before, but I've been working on this in all facets of my life, and thankfully, I let it go a while back and it stayed away during the audition.  This freed me up to do the next thing I made sure to do:  just have a shit ton of fun. 

I wanted to play and have a great time.  I wanted to discover things and play with new people.  I wanted to have a positive experience and just let go.  So I did.  I didn't beat myself up for anything, even if after a scene or montage I thought about what I could have done better.  That's never going to go away.  But what I realized is that I just had to be present, in the moment, and play to the best of my ability while having the most fun I could possibly have.

Which isn't hard to do, because improv is probably the most fun (next to my moments with my son) I ever have.

Again, I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am that I get to be a part of this new journey and experience and I can't wait to work with the other nine very talented improvisers who were also chosen.  But honestly, everyone I got to work with during the auditions was so super cool and talented, there isn't a single one I wouldn't play with. 

Chicago is an amazing place, with amazing improv talent.  And I am blessed to be a part of it.

*Happy Dance!*

No comments:

Post a Comment