Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 195

I am not a violent person.

As a matter of fact, many people have informed me that I'm probably "too nice."

However, when it comes to my kid...I can turn Hulk in an instant.  Well, sort of.  I mean, I do have self-control.  But that doesn't stop the initial surge of fiery adrenaline pumping through my veins when I'm told some kid went bat-shit crazy and tried to punch my son and nearly hit him with a plastic baseball bat---over a swing.

Luckily everything is fine now, but seriously...nothing hurts more that that.  Not a bad breakup, not failing a major final, not losing your job, not even a gallbladder attack (which I will argue is worse than labor, being that I've experienced both.) 

Parenthood isn't easy, but it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment