Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 193

Max turned 10 today.

First of all, I can't believe a decade passed so quickly.  It seems like just yesterday I was at the maternity store trying to find the most stylish pair of jeans containing an elastic front belly panel.  (Actually, I found 2 pairs, which I saved thinking there would be another baby at some point.  That idea is still up in the air.   Really high up in the air.  Still, the jeans are in a box in my parents' garage.)

Second of all, it's amazing to me to think that I've been a parent for 1/3rd of my life.  Let's put this into perspective for a moment.  I spent 1/3rd as a young child, 1/3rd as an adolescent, and this past third as a parent.  So, in addition to trying to figure out my own adult life, I was also sustaining a completely separate human life. 

That's pretty huge, no?

And amazingly?  He's turned out really great. 

I couldn't be more proud of him and who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment