Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 7

Interned tonight.

All seemed to be going well until I asked a girl whom I sort of know to watch my purse so I could take a post-shift smoke break.  I put my very unstable bag on the chair next to her and she agrees to watch it.

I start to put on my coat, and she says to me, “Well, actually my friend is sitting here so I’ll just set this on the bar.”

You know how people talk about seeing events happen in slow motion?

Yeah.  That’s what happened next.

As she hoisted my purse onto the bar, I could slowly feel my arms reaching out to grab it.  She set it down…in front of about 15 FULL display bottles of beer and stacks of freshly washed glasses.  As my arms slowly reached closer, it happened.

The girl swung around to watch the rest of the Jam while my purse toppled directly into the bottles and glasses…knocking a shit ton of them over and creating a rather loud crash.

Of course, because she had turned around and I had decided to reach to try and prevent the inevitable, when everyone looked up to see what had happened, I looked like the idiot.

Which is pretty normal for me, however, it’s much different when you’ve just completed your interning shift and your superiors just watched your purse knock shit off the bar.  Quite embarrassing.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment