Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthday

The first song I heard as soon as I turned 29 was "Let It Be" by the Beatles. Nice.

Anyways, so I was standing outside work, taking a smoke break when a guy in my building came out with his 2 dogs, Candy and Wiley.  I see them a lot when I'm out there.  The dogs are ridiculously sweet and the guy is nice.  Older gentleman.  Blue collar Chicago guy.

So of course, when I see him he says, "How are you?"

"I'm good.  It's my birthday!"

"Happy birthday.  Any big plans?"

"Oh, I'm actually interning tonight at iO.  Improv stuff."

His response was priceless:  "Oh.  So you're an art babe, too.  Nice."

We chit-chatted a little longer.  He told me he liked the rain because it helped the trees he planted around our building.  When he left, I looked around at the trees.  It was the first time I really noticed them.  And actually, they're pretty beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment