Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 6

I broke down in improv class tonight.  Just straight up stopped in the middle of a scene and was like, "Guys, I have no idea what I'm doing.  I need to start over."   I tried to keep going, but two scenes later, I just kind of threw my hands up and said, "Seriously guys, I need a minute.  I'm like ready to cry."   And my face got all hot and my eyes all watery.  And I felt completely ridiculous.  I had to laugh at myself, even though I just felt really overwhelmed I guess.   Too far in my head or something.  It wasn't that I was sad or stressed...well, maybe stressed...but I think it was that I needed to reboot and get in my groove, but I felt trapped.

We were doing genre work, and apparently I suck at film noir.  However, after a quick walk around the block and a cigarette, I came back at full force.  I decided to handle my unassuredness with complete confidence.  It worked.

Also, when it comes to genres, I discovered I can rock the Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment